Sunday, December 20, 2009

Being Missional is Personal

In the time that has occurred since I last posted it seems there's been a lot of arguing going on.

Big church vs small church
IC vs missional/emerging
Jesus vs Paul
traditional theology vs missional theology

I'm really confused by all of this. It seems that when I started on the missional path, the folks I met were content to travel their own personal missional road. Now some of them have a voice and they want to argue and fight about who's right.

To me the idea of a missional journey is personal and it sucks in those closest to me. I care only about what those I'm responsible for think and what God thinks. I'm not looking to be right - just faithful.

Conversation is great. Exchanging ideas is wonderful. But using the very breath Im given to argue about about who is "right" and who is "wrong" is heart breaking to me.

My walk is my walk. I'm thankful to everyone who finds it valuable to read my thoughts and I look forward to many conversations concerning God's Missional plan for you, me and His bride.


Share