Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Forgotten Ways - The Church's Needed Missional Response

Over the weekend my Copy of Alan Hirsch's: The Forgotten Ways arrived. Since then I have been consumed. So I thought I'd share some thoughtson the book. But I fear with so many reviews of this floating around, mine is a little late to the party.

But, I'm gonna add my 2 cents.

This is the book that has been within my soul. It's the call to the church to return to it's calling. Alan wonderfully provides in roads and a map to where the future of the church needs to go. Some critics have said there's nothing new in this book because there is no answers. Well I believe that the answer is different in every situation. But each situation needs a map to the future and this book provides that.

I also jumped for joy at this statement from Alan to the church as a whole:

"A note of warning for those leading in established churches:what Western Christianity desperately needs at the moment is adaptive leadership - people who can help us transition to a different, more agile, mode of church. Such leaders don't necessarily have to be highly creative innovators themselves, but rather people who can move the church in adaptive modes - people who can disturb the stifling equilibrium and create the conditions change and innovation."(pg 257.)


I want to be a part of that movement.

I highly recommend the book.

Thanks Alan for putting to paper this map for the future, may many follow it.

, , , , ,

Add to TechnoratiAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to FurlAdd to Yahoo My Web 2.0Add to RedditAdd to DiggAdd to SpurlAdd to WistsAdd to SimpyAdd to NewsvineAdd to BlinklistAdd to FarkAdd to Blogmarks
Share

No comments: