Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Steps to Becoming a Missional Church- Step 4

Several weeks ago I wrote a post:

Steps to Missional

I had begun to lay out this process previously:

In my fist post here we discussed that missional starts with you.

In my second post here we discussed the need to form a core group.

In my third post here

Step 4 is identify your church's history.

You need to know your past before you can move towards your future. Find out everything you can about your churches history.

Remember a churches history will be the biggest barrier to change. People have memories that will come to odds against where God is leading and knowing where some of these batles will be is very valuable.

How do you do this? Interview as many people in the church as you can. This will be time well spent in laying the ground work for your churches missional journey.

, , , ,
Share

No comments: